Monday, August 10, 2009

The storm.......

What a day we had yesterday. Came home from church and the skies weren't looking good at all. To the north of us the skies were getting pretty dark. Around four o clock we were seeing family on John's side and we got a call from Alisha telling us that there were two big bangs and out went our lights....
So, now we have spagetti sauce that has been made but no spagetti. Not good.....
The best thing that happened out of the lights being out was that we went and visited with John's sisters who was staying the night at the Comfort Inn. It was great to be able to sit and talk with them. It had been a long time!
Johnny and Shanna were on their way home from Logan, Utah and they had a very unhappy little boy. I could hear him in the back ground as Johnny and I talked. I asked Johnny to put the phone to his little ear.
I started to sing to him and the song goes like this: Go to sleepy little baby- Go to sleepy little baby- when you wake, we'll patty-patty cake, and ride upon a little pony.
I probably repeated this about four times and it got really quiet, I thought maybe the connection was gone. Johnny came on and said " We need to get you taped because he stopped crying.
How funny is that? I would sing this same little song to our children when they were babies.
I love our grandchildren with my whole heart, they make me smile and they bring me so much happiness in my life. I am one lucky grandma, I really am..........

No comments:

Post a Comment